2B -- Doubles
3B -- Triples
AB -- At bats
BA -- Batting average
BB -- Walks
CS -- Caught stealing
G -- Games played
H -- Hits
HBP -- Hit by pitch
HR -- Home runs
K -- Strikeouts
OBP -- On-base percentage
R -- Runs scored
RBI -- Runs batted in
SB -- Stolen bases
SLG -- Slugging percentage
Year -- Season searches only
1. Decide whether you want to search career or season statistics and
choose the radio button at the top accordingly.
2. Check the criteria you want to include. Only the checked criteria
will be processed by the search engine. Be sure to include a value for
each criterion that you check, or the search will fail.
3. Don't use quotation marks. Just type the numbers as you normally
would, using decimals for on-base percentage, batting average and slugging
4. There are four choices for each search criterion: greater than,
less than, equal to, and between. The first three are obvious. The fourth,
however, requires two numbers. To use it, type a comma between the numbers.
For example, to restrict your search to the 1950s, check "Year", choose
"between" and type "1950,1959" into the text box. "Between" includes
the endpoints, so your search would return all applicable results between
1950 and 1959, inclusive.
5. "Clear" does exactly what you'd think. It clears all the values
and check boxes so you can start your search again from scratch.
6. A picture of a valid search might help. This asks for all hitters
with 20 or more doubles, triples and home runs in the same season.